2012年3月29日星期四

Product review- OGIO RIG 9800 LE Gear Bag

Ogio have always had a reputation of making some of the best gear bags on the market, so when it was time to start looking for a new gear bag earlier this year my first call was to Lusty Industries, to see if they had anything available that would carry a full set of riding gear including boots and helmet all in one bag to meet my travelling requirements.
A few days later an OGIO RIG 9800 rolled up on my front door step and it could not have come at a better time, with a trip to Coffs harbour only a few days away. After ripping it out of its packaging the first thing that I wanted to test out was the most important requirement I had, would it fit all my riding gear in comfortably ?
The answer was a very comfortable yes, I was able to load the RIG 9800 up with Boots, Helmet, Two full sets of riding gear , my leatt neck brace, three sets of goggles, tearoffs, and still had room to spare! At that point I decided I may not need to take a secondary bag for toiletries and some clothes and I was right.

The top outer pocket on the outside the bag provided the perfect place for the toiletries, while there was enough room in the main compartment in the bag for a change of clothes. I then managed to slide some more necessities into the two upper pockets in the top inner section of the bag.
All in all, I managed to squeeze quite a lot in there. With the bag loaded the next big test was about to be undertaken. I had a 23kg bag limit for the flights each way, most airlines allow between 20kg to 23kg depending on who you fly with, before you have to start paying excess baggage fees. I pulled the bathroom scales out placed the bag on top and fully loaded it came in at 20.5kg well under what I was looking for.
The weight of a gear bag is something that can be overlooked when purchasing a new bag. Considering the overall size of the OGIO RIG 9800, along with the great construction, the under carriage which comes with hardened protection and a decent set of wheels for the bag to roll on , the 9800 does come in at very reasonable 6.4kg which leaves plenty of spare weight available when packing for travel.
The only additions that could come in handy on this bag would be some additional outer pockets for quick access storage, though the one pocket on the top of the bag is quite big.

Also there is not much in the way of ventilation, this does help with ensuring the protection of your riding gear inside the bag with more padded protection around the whole bag, but can leave you holding your nose if the bag is full of wet used riding gear that has been travelling home for more than a day.
Overall the OGIO 9800 RIG is a great gear bag and is doing exactly what I need of it, it holds more than a full set of riding gear top to bottom, is light enough when completely loaded to make it under the weight limits when flying and, is easy to travel with, the large set of wheels make the bag a breeze to pull along and the 9800 RIG slides perfectly into the boot of the car for local races. After a few short months with the OGIO bag I could not be happier.

没有评论:

发表评论